The UB Genomics and Bioinformatics Core is located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus at the New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences. We are proud to be the first next-generation sequencing service provider in Western New York. We currently offer services on the following analysis platforms:
- illumina HiSeq2500 – With the release of the illumina V4 chemistry, the HiSeq2500 is capable of producing up to 1 terabase(Tb) of data per run, and achieve sequence lengths of 2×250. At our facility, two HiSeq2500s have a direct connection to UB’s Center for Computational Research, a high performance computing cluster, which allow us to process samples rapidly and provide timely results to researchers.
- illumina MiSeq – This platform specializes in more targeted sequencing geared toward smaller genomes and smaller search space investigation. This includes Amplicon, Exome and Bacterial 16S sequencing.
On staff are three dedicated Bioinformaticians to help facilitate research projects that are sequenced at our facility. We have developed in-house capabilities leveraging our massively parallel computational infrastructure, which allows us to rapidly analyze data and help facilitate research projects both here at the University and our industry partners. Collaborations are always welcome on more intensive and exploratory projects.
- ChIP-Seq – Genomic alignment, quality assessment using ENCODE standards, peak calling and visualization are offered as standard analysis for projects sequenced at our facility.
- RNA-Seq – Genomic alignment, and quantification of Gene and isoform level expression can be preformed via the HTSeq or Cufflinks algorithms and data visualization is optional via DESeq2 or CummeRBund.
- miRNA-Seq – miRNA quantifications against the most up-to-date miRBASE is available through our commercial license of the CLC Genomics Workbench product.
- Custom Consultations – We welcome collaborations on both research projects and commercial endeavors. Please contact us for more details.
- A La Carte – An assortment of offerings, including standard genomic alignments, adapter trimming, SNP calling etc. are also available upon request.
- Affymetrix GeneChip System
- Diagenode SX-8G Compact Automated Systems
- QX100 Droplet Digital PCR Machine (Biorad)
- Agilent Microarry Acanner G2505C
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org